The reading included Chapter 6, "Exploring Spatial Data" and Chapter 7, "Manipulating Spatial Data" from our text book, by Paul A. Zandbergen. This was all good information and appropriate sample code. Yet, I still had hurdles I could not surmount.
Creating a new geodatabase wasn't that bad:
>>>arcpy.CreateFileGDB_management("S:/GISProgramming/Module7/Results", "gcastillo.gdb") # Creates new gdb.
Copying data from one folder into the new geodatabase wasn't even that bad:
>>>arcpy.CopyFeatures_management(fc, "S:/GISProgramming/Module7/Results/gcastillo.gdb/" + fcdesc.basename)
But, I have not been able to populate the dictionary properly and then get it to print out. The "Good People" from GIS5103, Discussion Borad Module 7, even posted the following:
---To populate dictionary---
name = row
population = row
Yet, as many times as I ran my script, this is all I could muster:
I am posting this now because I really do not like to wait til the last possible minute, and in fact, I did not procrastinate on this assignment. I just could not get the correct result. Here's to better luck next time...cheers...